Monday, August 24, 2009

Last Work Period

I have officially started the last work period of my internship (booooo!) Yesterday I worked around the station doing odd jobs, and today I did a ride-a-long with a LE Ranger. It was cool, we pulled some people over and had an elk jam. I tried to ask question and learn as much as possible, it was good experience. Tomorrow I head into the backcountry for the last time (tears falling). I am trying to finish up the projects that I have started. I will be working straight through until my last day of Sept. 7th. Bill is gonna come out here and ride back with me which will be nice. I have already packed up some of my things at the trailer and I have scheduled a time to meet with the boss to help develop a good NPS resume. I will try to call or post something if I happen to come out of the BC early. I miss yall and I will be home soon!

BYE!

2 comments:

Buffalo Bill said...

Jordy & All Dedicated(?) Followers:

Well, as I finally succeeded in securing a routing out to WY (via AVL/ATL/DEN/SLC/JAC and 13 hrs of flying), I was reminded (despite what frequent flier programs tell you), there are truly no free rides. To repeat what Josh always says..."damn Delta" (now I know what he means) did their level best at trying to sabotage my trip. God-willing, I will arrive in Jackson Hole next Sunday to prepare for the ride back w/ Jordy.

Like the rest of ya'll, I'm kinda sad Jordan's blog is winding down (aawwwhh!!). Before this summer adventure ends, I hoping for a big send-off, both from Jordy and all blogees (if that's a term). Speaking for the "home team", I'd like to see him post a bunch of good pics & witty dialog to go along w/ his chronicles: "Tales from the Backwoods Intern". From the blogee standpoint (you guys have been real scarce lately), I'd like to see everyone's comments reminiscing about their favorite Jellystone memory (you hafta admit Ted's "home, home on the range, where the dear & antelope play" line was classic!)...sorta of a last hurrah for us all.

So, Jordy, before you traverse that long winding trail, climb that last hill, trim that last limb, last forge that raging river, or harass that final wild bear, elk,moose,bison, snake, or wolf, (you get my drift)-- pull out that fancy camerea & sharpen up your Mark Twainian pencil and snap off a final round of memories for us all! See ya next week. --Love, Dad

PS - Don't forget to pick me up at the airport!

RCostner said...

Wow, I will have at least 2 of my guys under one roof in about a week for a while, I can't wait. Hurry home Jordy! Love you! Mom

Post a Comment